Saturday, June 1, 2013

question and answer: re: journals (01 jun 2013)

xxx wrote:sir i saw on your blog that you have posted this inquiry sir. somehow i felt honored na na feature sa blog niyo yung tanong ko. thanks. :D 

sir if i may ask, kung ok lang? Meron po ba kayong ginagamit for tracking your trades, like an excel file or something. I learned kasi na one must track his trades, wag yun basta basta lang. If meron sir pwede ba ako maka hingi for a copy? :D thanks a lot sir for your time reading my inquiry again. godbless!


to track my trades?

everyday my broker sends me an email attaching an electronic copy of my ledger which contains my trades .. depending on my request .. they send me a summary of my trades of the previous day, the past week, month or the past year ... it also contains my open positions (stocks i hold in my portfolio)

they also send me a copy of my invoice by mail .. so i have a hard copy of my trades on a daily basis .. these i keep for record purposes ...

i dont keep a profit/loss record of my trades .. i dont keep a running score of my trades ... altho it can easily be made if i want to based on my ledger ...

i dont intend to write a book about my trades .. nor feature them in my blog .. nor announce to everybody how much of a genius i am in trading by keeping proof of how successful i am in the market ...

maintaining a detailed record of trades and assessing them thru writing journals have been recommended by gurus in books and articles .. and i agree that they are helpful and a good tool for traders especially newbies .. but it is not for me .. i want to keep my trading simple and i want to carry just enough garbage/baggage in my mind to trade the next day ... my posts in my blog i think are already enough and serve my purpose ...

thanks again for reading my blog ...

good luck