Saturday, March 10, 2018

question and answer: from a reader in investagrams (10 MAR 2018)

i got a question from a blog reader in investagrams yesterday ...

question

Hi Good Evening, I have read your blog dated Aug 12, 2012 about my trading tactics. Hope you don't mind if I ask how do I know if the bottom has been reached already using Macd? or am i wrong with my understanding with your blog. 
thank you. 

my response:

hi @jxxxxx ... its been a while since i last visited that section of my blog and i have moved also since then ... my blog is still a blog in the making ... its being made and remade everyday ... so lets me make some refinements in my tactics ... i dont think i said that the macd is the reference point for determining the bottom (or did i?) ... the determination if the bottom has been reached is not in the macd ... its in the price itself ... AFTER the bottom has been reached .... since mine is a trend following system ... it just follows after prices have been closed at the end of the day ... which means the determination of the bottom is after the second (day) candle has been made ... which then means we can act on it only during the third day 

dont hesitate to ask again for more questions ..