chart reading as of end of 30 APR 2018
1. the macd histogram just crossed the 0 - line to the downside ...
2. VITA closed lower to 3.13 ... down 10.57% ...
2. if i have VITA ... some traders will just be selling now using the MACD crossover ... but i should have sold na on 19 APR 2018 ... the day VITA breaks many stops (range 4.20 - 3.44)
*my buy criteria: i buy when the following happens:
1. the macd histogram is below the 0 - line
2. if the current price is higher than the most recent price bottom
3. i buy on breakout ONLY when adding to an ALREADY EXISTING position
*when do i sell? i sell when:
1. i cutloss just below the most recent bottom
2. my trail stop is hit (this means that my position is already net positive)
*what stocks do i buy?
1. index stocks
2. stocks that have a current story as disclosed in the edge website ...
3. speculative stocks
*what do i do when i start buying a stock?
1. when i buy, i buy in phases .... when i see a stock fulfilling my buy criteria .... i initially buy 1/3 or 1/4 of my allocation for a particular stock ... then i wait and observe ....pp
2. on subsequent days ... when the price of the stock advances... i add 1/3 of my allocation ....
3. i add my last 1/3 allocation when the stock advances some more ...
*what i dont?
* what is a "short term trend follower"
* these notes are good only for the next trading day ... and NOT for the subsequent trading days
* these notes are mine alone ... and are for sharing with short-term trend followers