Tuesday, November 6, 2012

what i read today: Extra-Marital Dating Sites, Anger, Hurricanes, And More (06 nov 2012)

been stuck in a rut the past few weeks ... been there a couple of times before .. yet it never fails to leave me devastated ...

i just want to post this as a reminder to myself .. from my favorite blogger, James Altucher
But then it’s over. Then you accept what is and move on. It’s also nice to clean things out. To start fresh. To realize that everything in life is here for only a moment. It’s our choice: enjoy the moment or not enjoy the moment. What will you choose? Why would you choose to fight? If you have high expectations for nature then you will be often disappointed. We came into this world naked and we will leave here naked.
... do the other things:
Physical: Eat well, sleep well, stay in shape. Take a walk. Exercise. Cheryl Strayed, author of “Wild” said the other day in an interview: “I challenge you to walk 20 minutes and not feel better at the end of it.”
Emotional: Only be around people who love me. Only respond to people who love me. Only respond to people I love. For me, it’s easy to get bogged down in destructive criticism instead of spending time with the people I love.
Spiritual: Surrender to the moment. Understand that I can’t control everything around me. Be grateful for what I have. Be blessed that I can enjoy the small things in this moment.
...

jamesaltucher.com
Extra-Marital Dating Sites, Anger, Hurricanes, And More
http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2012/11/extra-marital-dating-sites-anger-hurricanes-and-more/